Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today's Shout Out

I'd like to give a little doff of the cap to Volkswagen today, or I should say the artist formerly known as VW before they became just like every other car. Please behold the 1967 VW Bug:



And now the 1984 edition:



Notice anything? The cars are pretty much identical. It's like Volkswagen, for about a 20 year period, made the same car and said "Hey, we made this one this year so we'll call it the 19xx version." They didn't feel the need to give you a car that parked itself or warned you when someone had broken in. No, instead they probably innovated with something like cupholders over two decades of business. And for that I salute them in a most profound way.

Whenever I see one of these cars rolling around I think back on my entire life; because that's the time they take me back to. Well played Gents.